Arriving four years after the original Outlast game set in an asylum, Outlast 2 follows cameraman and investigative reporter Blake Langermann. Outlast 2 sees Langermann searching for his wife after initially investigating reports of a murdered young woman.
As this is a horror game, Blake and Lynn Langermann's mission isn't exactly a stroll in the park, as after their helicopter crashes at the very outset of Outlast 2, Blake must journey into a remote town near the Sonoran Desert, whose inhabitants believe the end of days is upon them.
This Outlast 2 Walkthrough page will act as a hub of knowledge for Outlast 2, providing you with level walkthroughs, document and recording locations, and puzzle solutions for various sections of the game. If you want an Outlast 2 Guide, this is the page for you.
As we're dealing with various stages of Outlast 2 in the following sections, bear in mind that some story and level spoilers can be found within this Outlast 2 Walkthrough.
Outlast 2 Puzzle Solutions and Walkthroughs
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - How to Obtain the Hook to Lift the Gate, Genesis Chapter
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - How to Solve the Hanging Man Puzzle in the School, Genesis Chapter
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Opening Town Level Walkthrough, Genesis Chapter
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Compound Walkthrough, Using the Camera Microphone
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Finding Lynn, First School Level Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Navigating the Corn Field Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - New Temple Gate, Powering the Elevator Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Escaping the Temple Gate Inhabitants Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Fending Off Marta, Locating Lynn Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Reaching the Watermill, Finding the Crank Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - Finding the Scalled Village Walkthrough
- Outlast 2 Walkthrough - How to Escape the Crucifixion and the Scalled, Job Chapter
Tips and Tricks
As with the original Outlast, battery power for the camcorder is absolutely integral to the survival of Blake Langermann, and perhaps even more so in Outlast 2 than in the original game, as there are minimal lights in the desert town as opposed to the lights of the asylum in the original.
If possible, you should attempt to keep a mental note of how many batteries Blake currently has in his possession, as it becomes extremely hard to progress in Outlast 2 should you completely run out of battery power for the camcorder's night vision. However, this tactic can be forgone if the player is willing to search off the beaten path for any batteries that may be hiding out of sight, which we will always include in any of our area or puzzle walkthrough guides for Outlast 2.
Speaking of puzzles in Outlast 2, finding the solutions for various different puzzles can be considerably time consuming, which can easily equate to Blake burning through his supply of batteries. If you ever find yourself stuck on a puzzle, it might be a good idea to turn off the night vision on the camcorder, or at least use it sparingly, while you attempt to outwit the puzzle.
As Blake is unable to equip weapons of any kind in Outlast 2, using the stealth mechanics to your advantage is the key to survival in the game. Either crouching down or crawling within the grassy areas of the game can hide you entirely from enemies, but be warned that it is possible for them to see Blake should they come within reach of him. Aside from this, the enemies are somewhat easy to run from in Outlast 2, as they have a particularly limited pursuit time, meaning it's entirely possible for the player to sprint round a corner and hide in a barrel or cupboard, eluding the pursuer.
This guide hub for Outlast 2 will constantly be updated with new information as soon as it is obtained for the game, meaning that new solutions for puzzles will be added, as well as new document and recording locations being added to the guides hub.